When you are working on your local computer and want to refresh any changes in your system automatically. For example some times you are watching sports results, online Stock Exchange rates and any changes to your hard drive but these changes are not usually refreshed until you press the F5 key on your keyboard.
To refresh your screen automatically you should edit your system Registry. But the best technique to edit the windows registry keys, always export or backup the whole windows registry keys on backup drive before editing. Because any mistake in Registry can cause serious problem in your computer to run properly.
Follow the given steps to change the updates automatically.
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
- In Registry Editor panel go to the path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / System / CurrentControlSet /
Control / UpdateMode
- Here in right hand side panel edit the DWORD value to be between 1 and 5.
- Now restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.