As you are very well aware about your pen drive or USB (Universal serial bus) drive and your are using your pen drive for transferring a data and so on, have you ever think that your usb might catch the passwords from a computer? If no than you should think like that and you should do something to avoid password theft and usb sniffing below is the example that tell you how the miscellaneous user (Hacker) can steal you sensitive data.
Well different people are using different browser and different chatting softwares, there is a option in at all is to save your password, when next time you want to login than you don't have to enter password again.
As we know that the windows stores a password including Yahoo,Hotmail or AOL etc, so an attacker can sniff the store password from your computer via USB. The following tool might be used to do this thing.
- MessenPass can only be used to recover the passwords for the current logged-on user on your local computer, and it only works if you chose the remember your password in one of the above programs. You cannot use this utility for grabbing the passwords of other users.
- Mail PassView is a small password-recovery tool that reveals the passwords and other account details for the following email clients:Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail etc.
- IE PassView is a small password management utility that reveals the passwords stored by Internet Explorer Web browser
- Protected Storage PassView is a small utility that reveals the passwords stored on your computer by Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and MSN Explorer
- PasswordFox is a small password recovery tool that allows you to view the user names and passwords stored by Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
Download all the 5 tools, extract them and copy only the executables(.exe files) into your USB Pendrive.
Create a notepad file and write
And save it to autorun.inf
Now the sniffer is ready to use.